ARE YOU A PARENT WITH 6-12 YEAR OLD KIDS OR A PRIMARY SCHOOL IN SYDNEY?
What would it mean to you if your kids or students and their friends could grow up more peaceful, happy, calm, focused, kind, compassionate, resilient, self-aware and self-regulated?
How would you feel if your kids or students and their friends knew the life changing skills, techniques and knowledge required to correctly implement daily mindfulness and meditation into their own lives?
HOW WE CAN HELP:
Our non-religious program curriculum is designed to equip 6-12 year old kids with the life skills, techniques and knowledge required to calmly, mindfully and non-judgementally deal with their thoughts, feelings and emotions, on a moment to moment basis, at home, at school, with friends and family.
WHAT IS MINDFULNESS?
- a daily way of life
- living life in each present moment
- observing and acknowledging your thoughts, feelings, actions and moods as they are without any reaction or judgement, knowing they are not permanent and will pass.
No Mindfulness: Stimulus > Reaction
Mindfulness:: Stimulus > Mindfulness > Response
Quote – “Between stimulus and response there is space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom.” – Viktor E. Frankl
WHERE IS YOUR PROGRAM LOCATED?
Our 9 week program is available in Sydney.
1. Private Program – with kids and *1 parent per family (*only available to parents who enrol their kids into the program during June 2017)
Parents choose the venue. eg: own family home, friend’s home or relative’s home. Min. 4 to max. 8 kids per program.
Age groups: 6-7 year olds, 8-9 year olds and 10-12 year olds
2. Program on School Premises – kids only – (no parents)
Available after school hours or on weekends.
Max. 15 kids per program.
Age groups: 6-7 year olds, 8 to 9 year olds and 10-12 year olds.
We welcome expressions of interest from Primary Schools in Sydney.
Please forward all expressions of interest to: email@example.com
WHAT DOES SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH REVEAL ABOUT MINDFULNESS AND MEDITATION?
Why Kids Need Mindfulness Training:
“Regardless of race, education or socio-economic status, an alarming number of children and adolescents are being diagnosed with ADHD, depression, anxiety, obesity, eating disorders, addictions, engaging in cutting and other self-destructive behaviours including suicide.” – Dr. Amy Saltzman
- 1 in 7 kids has a mental health disorder.
Research shows meditating for just 10 minutes a day is what your kids need to start experiencing the many benefits meditation can bring into their daily lives.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MINDFULNESS & MEDITATION?
Your kids will be with provided with opportunities to become more:
calm, focused, mindful, grateful, productive, confident, kind, self-regulated, creative, resilient, joyful, happy, responsive & less reactive, respectful, emotionally balanced, peaceful, better able to problem solve and think critically, well rested, compassionate, self-aware, aware of others feelings, empathetic and loved.
WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THE 9 WEEK PROGRAM?
The Mindfulness & Meditation program for kids is designed for 6-12 year olds. Our vision is to teach, mentor and inspire kids to live authentic and mindful lives in each present moment.
At the completion of the program kids will be equipped to mindfully implement the skills, knowledge and techniques they learn into their own daily life, at school, with friends and in the family home.
Our curriculum is developed and taught by Diane Uzunovska the Founder of Kids are Leaders. She is a Mindful Primary School Educator with 13 years teaching experience who is passionate about mindfulness and meditation and practises it on a daily basis in her own life. Diane loves sharing her knowledge of mindfulness and seeing the benefits it can bring into the lives of kids and their parents. The Calm & Chilled Kids Program is written based on components of scientific research, personal experience and mindfulness and meditation training.
WHAT DOES THE 9 WEEK PROGRAM CURRICULUM INCLUDE?
1. WEEKLY MEETINGS IN A NOMINATED HOME OF YOUR CHOICE or SCHOOL PREMISES: 8 one hour face-to-face meetings
2. WEEKLY MEDITATION TEACHINGS: techniques and benefits for formal meditation styles
3. INTRODUCTION TO MEDITATION STYLES: seated formal meditations
4. WEEKLY MINDFULNESS TEACHINGS: to be implemented during daily life, eg: at school, at home, with friends and family
5. MINDFUL ART EXPERIENCES: related to weekly mindfulness teachings – art resources are included
6. EDUCATIONAL PROPS & IMAGES: may be used during some mindful and meditation teachings and especially valuable for visual learners
7. MEDITATION & MINDFULNESS MUSIC: played during the weekly program
8. PROGRAM WORK BOOKLET: outlining weekly program goals, mindfulness & meditation content and learning activities for kids
9. AUTHENTIC MINDFULNESS & MEDITATION JOURNAL: gratitude moments, feelings & emotions, thoughts, kindness, mindful moments & personal reflections
10. WEEKLY FACE-TO-FACE SUPPORT: provided by a qualified Primary School Educator with 13 years teaching experience, trained in Mindfulness & Meditation, Vipassana Meditation, Kids Yoga, CPR, First Aid, is a NLP Practitioner, a Random Acts of Kindness Ambassador and holds a current working with kids police check
11. WEEKLY HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS: 5 to 10 minutes of daily meditation at home, (outside face-to-face weekly meetings) in line with the weekly formal meditation timetable
12.QUESTION/ANSWER/DISCUSSION/FEEDBACK/REFLECTION SESSIONS: during the face-to-face weekly meetings
13. WEEKLY KIDS PROGRAM TIMETABLE FOR PARENTS
14. PRIVATE FACEBOOK PAGE FOR PARENTS: to interact with other parents with kids enrolled in the program, ask questions, share personal program experiences, progress, successes and provide honest feedback
15. CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: participants will be awarded a certificate of completion imprinted with their name
16. GRADUATION CEREMONY: in week 9 to celebrate the graduates newly learnt skills, knowledge and achievements with parents
WHAT ORGANISATION IS REQUIRED FOR THE FACE-TO-FACE WEEKLY MEETINGS?
- a quiet room in your home or school
- a cushion for each enrolled child (can supply their own)
- a kid sized table for mindful art sessions
- a painting smock or t-shirt for each enrolled child (can each supply their own)
- no distractions during the 1 hour weekly face-to-face lessons eg: no visitors, phone calls, text messages, television, radio, deliveries, intentional background noise, non-enrolled siblings/students or pets
WE ARE INTERESTED AND WANT TO JUMP ON BOARD! WHAT DO WE NEED TO DO NEXT?
PRIVATE PROGRAM – In the comfort of your own home
1. Organise a min. 4 to max. 8 kids based on age groups listed above.
2. Decide where you would like us to implement the 9 week program.
3. Each join our online community to receive 5% OFF our Calm & Chilled Kids Program and a FREE Empowering Affirmations e-Book: https://kidsareleaders.com/email-subscription/
4. Contact us via the below mentioned email or call 0411 731 600 to book a convenient day and time and enrol your kids and their friends to commence the program in 2017.
SCHOOL PREMISES PROGRAM – After School or Weekends
If you are a member of your schools P&C Committee or a School Principal we invite you to e-mail us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with your expression of interest.
TO BOOK & ENROL A GROUP OF KIDS FOR A PRIVATE PROGRAM EMAIL US AT: email@example.com
Please be sure to include the following information:
* your full name, email address, best contact number, suburb, afternoon or evening of the week and time that best suits your group & how many kids will be enrolling.
* we will be in touch shortly after we receive your email
WHAT IF WE STILL HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PROGRAMS? WHO CAN WE CONTACT?
For further information about the program please feel free to call us on 0411 731 600 for a complimentary 15 minute phone session.
Looking forward to hearing from you and then meeting you and the kids!
Kids are Leaders ❤️🌸😊