ARE YOU A PARENT OR CARER LIVING IN SYDNEY WITH 6-12 YEAR OLD KIDS?
What would it mean to you if your kids could grow up more peaceful, happy, calm, focused, kind, compassionate, resilient, self-aware and self-regulated?
How would you feel if your kids knew the life changing skills, techniques and knowledge required to implement mindfulness into their daily lives within a changing 21st century world?
HOW WE CAN HELP:
Our non-religious program curriculum is designed to equip 6-12 year old kids with the life skills, techniques and knowledge required to calmly, mindfully and non-judgementally deal with their thoughts, feelings and emotions, on a moment to moment basis, at home, at school, with friends and family.
WHAT IS MINDFULNESS?
As stated by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn mindfulness is:
- a daily way of life
- living life in each present moment
- observing and acknowledging your thoughts, feelings, actions and moods as they are without any reaction or judgement, knowing they are not permanent and will pass.
No Mindfulness: Stimulus > Reaction
Mindfulness: Stimulus > Mindfulness > Response
Quote – “Between stimulus and response there is space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom.” – Dr. Viktor E. Frankl
ONLINE REGISTRATIONS FOR OUR TERM 4 PROGRAMS IN BONDI ARE NOW OPEN!
Scroll down for more information and how to register ⬇️
PROGRAM DATES: On Wednesdays from 18th October to 13th December 2017
TIMES & AGE GROUPS:
- 4:15pm to 5:15pm = 6-8 year olds
- 5:15pm to 6:15pm = 9-12 year olds
Limited to a max. of 15 kids per group only.
Secure your child’s spot TODAY!
LOCATION: Bondi Public School
ADDRESS: 5 Wellington Street BONDI NSW 2026
*EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION:
Register and secure your child’s spot with a payment by midnight on Monday 18th September 2017 to receive 10% OFF
EARLY BIRD INVESTMENT: $360 each
*POST EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION:
Register and secure your child’s spot with a payment by midnight on Thursday 5th October 2017 to receive 5% OFF
POST EARLY BIRD INVESTMENT: $378 each
*FULL PRICE REGISTRATION:
Valid from 12:01am on 6th October to midnight on 17th October 2017.
FULL PRICE INVESTMENT: $398 each
*SPECIAL FAMILY OFFER IN AUGUST:
Ask us about our 2 or more kids from the same family offer!
HOW TO REGISTER:
Phone: 0411 731 600
Terms & Conditions: http://bit.ly/2uirCo1
*We kindly suggest you read our terms and conditions before you commence completing the online registration form.
WHAT DOES SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH REVEAL ABOUT MINDFULNESS AND MEDITATION?
Why Kids Need Mindfulness Training:
“Regardless of race, education or socio-economic status, an alarming number of children and adolescents are being diagnosed with ADHD, depression, anxiety, obesity, eating disorders, addictions, engaging in cutting and other self-destructive behaviours including suicide.” – Dr. Amy Saltzman
- 1 in 7 kids has a mental health disorder.
Research shows meditating for just 10 minutes a day is what your kids need to start experiencing the many benefits meditation can bring into their daily lives.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MINDFULNESS & MEDITATION?
Kids can become more:
calm, focused, mindful, grateful, productive, confident, kind, self-regulated, creative, resilient, joyful, happy, responsive & less reactive, respectful, emotionally balanced, peaceful, better able to problem solve and think critically, well rested, compassionate, self-aware, aware of others feelings, empathetic and loved.
WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THE 9 WEEK PROGRAM?
The Calm & Chilled Kids Program is designed for 6-12 year olds. Our vision is to teach, mentor and inspire kids to live authentic and mindful lives in each present moment.
At the completion of the program kids will be equipped to mindfully implement the skills, knowledge and techniques they learn into their own daily life, at school, with friends and in the family home.
Our curriculum is developed by Diane Uzunovska the Founder of Kids are Leaders. She is a Mindful Primary School Educator with 13 years teaching experience. She is passionate about mindfulness and meditation and implements both into her own daily life. Diane loves sharing her knowledge of mindfulness and seeing the benefits it can bring into the lives of kids, their friends and families.
The Calm & Chilled Kids Program is written based on components of scientific research, personal mindful experiences and mindfulness and meditation training.
WHAT DOES THE PROGRAM INCLUDE?
*Components of program completed at home
1. WEEKLY MEETINGS ON SCHOOL PREMISES: 8 one hour face-to-face meetings
2. WEEKLY MEDITATION TEACHINGS: techniques and benefits for formal meditation styles – non-religious based
3. INTRODUCTION TO MEDITATION STYLES: seated formal meditations – non-religious based
4. WEEKLY MINDFULNESS TEACHINGS: to be implemented during daily life, eg: at school, at home, with friends and family
5. MINDFUL ART EXPERIENCES: related to weekly mindfulness teachings – art resources are included
6. EDUCATIONAL PROPS & IMAGES: may be used during some mindful and meditation teachings and especially valuable for visual learners
7. MEDITATION & MINDFULNESS MUSIC: played during the weekly program
8. PROGRAM WORK BOOKLET: outlining weekly program goals, mindfulness & meditation content and learning activities for kids
9. AUTHENTIC MINDFULNESS & MEDITATION JOURNAL: gratitude moments, feelings & emotions, thoughts, kindness, mindful moments & personal reflections
10. WEEKLY FACE-TO-FACE SUPPORT: provided by a qualified Primary School Educator with 13 years teaching experience, trained in Mindfulness & Meditation, Vipassana Meditation, Kids Yoga, CPR, First Aid, is a NLP Practitioner, a Random Acts of Kindness Ambassador and holds a current working with kids check
11. * WEEKLY HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS: 5 to 10 minutes of daily meditation at home, in line with the weekly formal meditation timetable – user friendly instructions are provided
12.QUESTION/ANSWER/DISCUSSION/FEEDBACK/REFLECTION SESSIONS: during the face-to-face weekly meetings
13. WEEKLY KIDS PROGRAM TIMETABLE FOR PARENTS
14. * PRIVATE FACEBOOK PAGE FOR PARENTS: to interact with other parents with kids enrolled in the program, ask questions, share personal program experiences, progress, successes and provide honest feedback
15. CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: participants will be awarded a certificate of completion imprinted with their name
16. GRADUATION CEREMONY: in week 9 to celebrate the graduates newly learnt skills, knowledge and achievements with their parents, relatives and friends
WHAT ORGANISATION IS REQUIRED FOR THE WEEKLY FACE-TO-FACE MEETINGS?
- a cushion for each enrolled child
- an art smock or t-shirt for each enrolled child
- (children will need to supply their own)
WHAT IF I HAVE FURTHER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PROGRAM?
We welcome questions and enquiries about our program from parents and carers. Please feel free to contact us on 0411 731 600 or email: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in our program. We look forward to hearing from you and making a difference in your kids lives!
Diane Uzunovska & Kids are Leaders 😊
FREE Gift for Kids: https://kidsareleaders.com/email-subscription/