GIVE KIDS THE GIFT OF MINDFULNESS, PEACE, CALM, FOCUS, KINDNESS, COMPASSION, RESILIENCE, SELF-AWARENESS, GRATITUDE AND SELF-REGULATION THIS CHRISTMAS!
Gift vouchers available. Email email@example.com to purchase today. *Valid for 2018.
ONLINE REGISTRATIONS FOR TERM 1, 2, 3 OR 4 in 2018 ARE NOW OPEN!
How would you feel if you could provide your 6 to 12 year old son, daughter, grandchild, niece, nephew or friend living in Sydney with the opportunity to learn the life changing skills, techniques and knowledge required to be mindful in a changing 21st century world?
Quote: “It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is most adaptable to change” – Charles Darwin
The non-religious 9 week program curriculum is designed to equip 6-12 year old kids with the life skills, techniques and knowledge required to calmly, mindfully and non-judgementally deal with their thoughts, feelings and emotions, on a moment to moment basis, at home, at school, with friends and family.
WHAT IS MINDFULNESS?
As stated by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn mindfulness is:
- a daily way of life
- living life in each present moment
- observing and acknowledging your thoughts, feelings, actions and moods as they are without any reaction or judgement, knowing they are not permanent and will pass.
No Mindfulness: Stimulus > Reaction
Mindfulness: Stimulus > Mindfulness > Response
Quote – “Between stimulus and response there is space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom.” – Dr. Viktor E. Frankl
WHERE IS THE 9 WEEK PROGRAM DELIVERED?
In the comfort of your family home in Sydney.
HOW MANY SIBLINGS OR KIDS CAN BE REGISTERED IN EACH GROUP?
From 1 on 1 mentoring to 6 siblings or kids.
[Groups can consist of siblings or kids aged from 6-12 years old. The program is differentiated according to the individual learning needs of each child].
WHAT DOES SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH REVEAL ABOUT MINDFULNESS AND MEDITATION?
Why Kids Need Mindfulness Training:
“Regardless of race, education or socio-economic status, an alarming number of children and adolescents are being diagnosed with ADHD, depression, anxiety, obesity, eating disorders, addictions, engaging in cutting and other self-destructive behaviours including suicide.” – Dr. Amy Saltzman
- 1 in 7 kids has a mental health disorder.
Research shows meditating for just 10 minutes a day is what your kids need to start experiencing the many benefits meditation can bring into their daily lives.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MINDFULNESS & MEDITATION?
Kids can become more:
calm, focused, mindful, grateful, productive, confident, kind, self-regulated, creative, resilient, joyful, happy, responsive & less reactive, respectful, emotionally balanced, peaceful, better able to problem solve and think critically, well rested, compassionate, self-aware, aware of others feelings, empathetic and loved.
WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THE 9 WEEK PROGRAM?
The Calm & Chilled Kids Program is designed for 6-12 year olds. We teach, mentor and inspire kids to live authentic and mindful lives in each present moment.
At the completion of the program kids will be equipped to mindfully implement the skills, knowledge and techniques they learn into their own daily life, at school, with friends and in the family home.
Our curriculum is developed by Diane Uzunovska the Founder of Kids are Leaders. She is a Mindful Primary School Educator with over 13 years of teaching experience. She is passionate about mindfulness and meditation and implements both into her own daily life. Diane loves sharing her knowledge of mindfulness and seeing the benefits it can bring into the lives of kids, their friends and families.
The Calm & Chilled Kids Program is written based on components of scientific research, personal mindful experiences and mindfulness and meditation training.
WHAT DOES THE PROGRAM INCLUDE?
1. WEEKLY MEETINGS: 8 one hour face-to-face meetings
2. WEEKLY MEDITATION TEACHINGS: techniques and benefits for formal meditation styles, non-religious based
3. INTRODUCTION TO WEEKLY MEDITATION STYLES: formal meditations, non-religious based
4. WEEKLY MINDFULNESS TEACHINGS: to be implemented during daily life, eg: at school, at home, with friends and family
5. MINDFUL ART EXPERIENCES: weekly art resources are included
6. EDUCATIONAL PROPS & IMAGES: may be used during some mindful and meditation teachings and especially valuable for visual learners
7. MEDITATION & MINDFULNESS MUSIC: played during the weekly program
8. MINDFULNESS & MEDITATION JOURNAL: gratitude moments, feelings & emotions, thoughts, kindness, mindful moments & personal reflections
9. WEEKLY FACE-TO-FACE SUPPORT: provided by a qualified Primary School Educator with 13 years teaching experience, trained in Mindfulness & Meditation, Vipassana Meditation, Kids Yoga, CPR, First Aid, is a NLP Practitioner, a Random Acts of Kindness Ambassador and holds a current working with kids check
10. WEEKLY HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS: 5 to 10 minutes of daily meditation at home. User friendly instructions are provided to parents
11.QUESTION/ANSWER/DISCUSSION/FEEDBACK/REFLECTION SESSIONS: during the face-to-face weekly meetings
12. PRIVATE FACEBOOK PAGE FOR PARENTS – (optional): to interact with other parents with kids enrolled in the program, ask questions, share personal program experiences, progress, successes and provide honest feedback
13. CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: participants will be awarded a certificate of completion imprinted with their name
14. GRADUATION CEREMONY: in week 9 to celebrate the graduates newly learnt skills, knowledge and achievements with their parents, relatives and friends
WHAT ORGANISATION IS REQUIRED FOR THE WEEKLY FACE-TO-FACE HOME MEETINGS?
- a cushion for each child
- an art smock or t-shirt for each child – (children will need to supply their own)
- a child sized table to accomodate the number of kids registered with appropriately sized chairs
- a quiet room with space for kids to sit on the floor and meditate
Our program is available in the following suburbs: Bondi, Bondi Beach, Bondi Junction, North Bondi, Dover Heights, Bellevue Hill, Vaucluse, Edgecliffe, Rose Bay, Centennial Park, Paddington, Woollahra, Double Bay, Queens Park, Clovelly, Coogee, South Coogee, Bronte, Woolloomooloo, Moore Park, Kensington, Kingsford, Newtown, Darlinghurst, Surry Hills, Randwick, Maroubra, Alexandria, Rosebery, Zetland, Waterloo, Leichhardt and Annandale.
Our program is also available in the St. George Area of Sydney. To find out if our program is available in your suburb email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW DO I REGISTER MY CHILD OR A GROUP OF CHILDREN FOR 2018?
Online registrations for Term 1, 2, 3 & 4 in 2018 are now open.
To register a group of 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 kids please email email@example.com for further information.
WHAT IF I HAVE FURTHER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE CALM & CHILLED KIDS PROGRAM?
All enquiries are welcome. Please feel free to call 0411 731 600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org at your convenience.
Diane Uzunovska & Kids are Leaders
Find out what kids, parents and teachers are saying about our program: https://kidsareleaders.com/testimonials/calm-chilled-kids-program/